uts e-library is an online library with 24*7 access to its resources. The library
provides access to books, videos, journal articles, etc to fulfil information needs.
Libraries were known as a collection and store house of books which were always under lock and key. With time, there were major changes in the way people looked at books, information and libraries. Libraries turned to knowledge houses. Books were no longer looked at as the only source of information. Information in any form from books, journal, to electronic databases was meant to be used by maximum number of people. Thus, libraries are useful resources because:
• They provide a common place where a lot of information in various formats is collected and made available for use.
• Libraries save money of the users by lending them and also save the time and efforts of information searching
With evolution of technology, traditional libraries turned to electronic libraries or e- libraries. E- Libraries provide added advantage of being available any time, and can be used from anywhere.
Ebrary, the electronic library provided to the students, has variety of features and benefits.
• A growing collection of more than 70000 e-books on all academic subjects
• The collection is available for all registered students
• The library can be used hassle free, anytime, anywhere
• Books can be simultaneously used by many students, without any time limits
• Book content can be copied, printed and downloaded for offline use
• The books can be annotated, using the highlight and notes options
• Students can create a ‘Book Shelf’ of the books they frequently use
• The online dictionary, encyclopedia, image and video search options ensure help in holistic understanding of a topic
Ebrary provides strong support for all the subjects studied by students.